Full time elf
Perth Mini 2024!!

πŸ“… Date: Saturday, 8 June 2024
πŸ•˜ Time: 8AM - 5PM
πŸ“ Location: Kailis Bros Leederville
πŸ“ RSVP: Register your spot.
πŸ’° Cost: $35
πŸ’³ Prepay! πŸ’³

To streamline our process, please prepay in Australian dollars via PayPal using the link below (Please select Friends and Family else I get hit with fees). Your payment secures your spot, and refunds are available if you can't attend and notify us by 04 June 2024. Please use your ACL username as reference.
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.

Get ready to immerse yourself in the magic of the season at Perth Mini 2024! Join us for a day filled with all things merry and bright as we celebrate the joy of Christmas.

Discover enchanting dΓ©cor ideas and share your passion for the holidays with fellow enthusiasts. From engaging presentations to hands-on demos, there's something for everyone to enjoy and learn.

Let's create unforgettable memories together! We warmly welcome volunteers to contribute their expertise and enthusiasm.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to kick off the holiday season in style. RSVP now and join us for a day of festive fun at Perth Mini 2024!

Last edited:

Cranzy

Full time elf
As we gear up for our upcoming Christmas Mini, we're excited to invite you all to contribute to the event and make it a truly memorable experience. We're looking for volunteers to share their knowledge, demonstrate their creations, and help make the day even more exciting and engaging for everyone.

I've put together a list of possible topics that we can discuss and explore at the mini. Please take a look and let me know which topics you'd like to see included. Feel free to suggest any additional topics as well!

• Introduction to Christmas Lighting 101 (Pixels, Controllers, Tools)
  • Introduction to Controllers and Configuration
  • Introduction to xLights Software
  • Introduction to Falcon Pi Player: Setup and Features
  • Introduction to xSchedule: Basic and Advanced Features

• xLights Sequencing.
  • xLights Advanced Topics: Layers, Buffers, Effects, etc.
  • Singing Faces: Design and Implementation

• Soldering Techniques and Tools for Christmas Lighting
  • Power Injection: Techniques and Considerations
  • Networking Configuration for Christmas Light Displays
  • Building a Matrix and Text Messaging Displays
  • Enclosure Setup: Do's and Don'ts
  • Fault Finding and Troubleshooting Techniques
  • Security Measures for Christmas Light Displays
  • Traffic Management for Large Displays
  • Mounting Techniques for Props
  • Megatrees: Types, Construction, and Brightness Considerations
  • Effective Storage of Christmas Lights

• DMX Control: Channels, Universes, and Communication Protocols, Moving Head and Other DMX Props
  • Getting Audio to Viewers: FM Transmitters, Speaker Setup, Neighbors' Consultation

Remember, the success of the event relies on our collective participation and community involvement. If you've had experience with Christmas light displays before, we encourage you to share your expertise and insights on any of the listed topics. Your contribution will be greatly appreciated!

Let me know your preferred topics and if you'd like to present on any of them. Together, we can make this event an incredible learning experience for everyone.

Hoodlum

New elf
@Cranzy @Skymaster
Oops - i think i forgot to use my ACL username as reference when i paid - my paypal ref is 8SH44573PJ460271S and i put "Perth Mini 2024 baby!!" (sorry i got a little excited there)