Another power injection question

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
I've drawn up two different power injections that will work depending on if you are using the same power supply, or if you are using different power supplies for the second string.

See if this is how you are wiring it.
1713851596072.png

1713851613397.png

No1Daemon

New elf
Yes. That's the same as what I was trying to say above. Thankyou. It's easier when you can see it

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
My guess could be about 'floating ground' from high resistance in the cables or in the controller.

I wonder if there is high resistance between power input and power output terminals of your SP105E controller.
The input & output sides should be connected internally with little resistance. But I'm wondering if the pixel controller's ground (negative) may not be at the same negative potential as the power supply is.

So when you add power injection in, the ground (negative) potentials are slightly different and the data gets corrupted.

Maybe you could try wiring the power supply on the output terminals of the controller.
Check with a multimeter first that the input and output terminals for power have very little resistance between them. This also bypasses any 'protection' the controller may have.
1713854678563.png

I experienced this when I did my mega tree at first.
The quick way I got around this was disconnecting both positive and negative from the previous strings controller and only passing ground through. Then relying on the ground connection through the power supply terminals for signal reference.

No1Daemon

New elf
I will check that tomorrow and see. I will switch out to some better wire also and see if there's any difference. Thanks

No1Daemon

New elf
Resistance is about 1 to 1.2 between input and output ground.
Perhaps I'll get my proper controller out and set it up.

No1Daemon

New elf
Quick update. I was unlucky enough that my Mac suffered some sort of error which bricked it. Had it to the techs and they got it going again but lost all data.
So I am in the process of trying to get it workable again, so not much happened since the last conversation.
When I get it working again I'll get back to it.